Editorial guidelines usage
To find out more, please contact Edizioni Ca’ Foscari’s editorial staff at email@example.com
- All manuscripts must comply with ECF’s editorial guidelines to be published. In case of blatant violation of the guidelines, the publisher (ECF) can suspend the manuscript’s publication at any time.
- The instructions for the preparation of your manuscript, its abstract and its bibliography, downloadable from the ‘Editorial Guidelines’ menu, are an integral part of the requirements for the manuscript submission.
Each article shall include:
- an English language abstract;
- no less than five English language keywords;
- a bibliography.
- Manuscripts shall be submitted exclusively through an online procedure. Authors will upload their articles on the online peer review platform Ecfpeerflow specifically developed for this purpose by ECF. All the instructions you need are available online on the platform itself.
Only the Journal’s/Series’ Scientific Board can register Authors in the platform, create Authors’ individual profiles and access information. To gain access to their individual profiles (login) Authors will employ:
- an e-mail address;
- a password of their choice, at the time of their first login;
- a role selection (Author, Editor, Reviewer).
- Potential Authors can request to be registered in the platform and submit a manuscript through the ‘Contact’ area in the Journal’s/Series’ homepage.
- Before submitting their articles Authors are required to verify that they followed these steps:
- the submission respects the requirements for manuscripts submission and the instructions on how to prepare a manuscript;
- the submission is completely anonymous. Please remove all identifying features both from the paper itself and from file properties (instructions are available hereinafter, under the heading ‘Editorial flow’, point 3);
- the submission file is a .docx file.
When submitting their articles Authors are required to:
- certify that they have thoroughly read and accepted the guidelines;
- sign the declaration of authorship;
- state that Creative Commons license applies to their work, in harmony with what specified hereinafter under the heading ‘Copyright’;
- give consent to the use of the metadata of the published document by the publisher;
- have a Title (and Subtitle); an English language Abstract written in accordance with the specific guidelines (please refer to ‘Editorial guidelines’); no less than five English language Keywords.
Each Journal/Series has a dedicated online profile, available on the editorial platform. The Journal’s/Series’ Scientific Director and Editorial Board are responsible for creating the individual profiles of their Authors and Reviewers. They also commit themselves to the insertion and regular update of all Authors’ and Reviewers’ identifying data.
- ECF is not responsible for the possible insertion of inaccurate or erroneous data relative to Authors and Reviewers nor for any consequence resulting from the aforementioned mistakes.
- At the time of the first login, the system requires every User to give their consent for the processing of personal data (please see our ‘Privacy Statement’).
ECF’s editorial board regularly ensures the respect of these guidelines for each and every document and holds the right to dismiss any work that does not comply with the Journal’s/Series’ standards; in this case, Authors may be asked to modify their manuscripts in order to make them suitable for publication.
Each and every article/essay must undergo a process of double-blind peer review.
In order to guarantee to Readers and Authors alike a scientifically sound double-blind peer review, caution must be taken to keep Authors and Reviewers unaware of each other’s identity. Therefore, it is essential that Authors, Reviewers (in case they enclose any personal data or attachment) and any other operating subject erase Authors’ and Reviewers’ personal data from their documents before submitting them to the peer review process.
- Any information that may lead to the identification of Authors and/or Reviewers must be eliminated. Author will quote themselves only as ‘Author’, both in the text and in the references.
- Please be sure to eliminate all personal information from file properties. In the most used text editing software (Word, OpenOffice, LibreOffice), to do so just follow this simple procedure: Main menu > Document > Properties > Remove personal information > Save.
It is up to the Journal’s/Series’ Director to assign articles to Reviewers. The Journal’s/Series’ Director also has a responsibility to ensure that review deadlines are respected. All these procedures are not possible outside of ECF’s online editorial platform.
If Reviewers ask that the article be modified, Authors have ten days to upload a second draft of their paper.
The editing and layout process starts as soon as the peer review of every article has been completed. Should ECF identify deficiencies, inaccuracies or lack of necessary information in an article in the course of the editorial work, its editorial board holds the right to suspend the editing process and return the article to its Author, asking them to make the necessary changes. The delivery time of the first drafts by ECF will consequently shift.
Authors are entitled to a single proofreading in PDF format. They will return the revised proofs within eight days. Revisions are to be made exclusively on the PDF file itself using the appropriate marking tools, available in Adobe Acrobat or equivalent software.
The editorial work takes no less than eight weeks.
It is up to the Journal’s/Series’ scientific Director to ensure that the Journal/Series is regularly published.
If non-Latin characters are employed, Authors shall verify their compatibility with ECF’s fonts (please refer to ‘Editorial guidelines’ menu) and, in case of incompatibility, they must contact ECF in advance.
In case of graphic elements such as:
- images: high-resolution files (no less than 300 dpi on a base of 12 cm / 5") are necessary for the printed edition of an article or monograph. Every image shall have a caption specifying the image’s content, author, year and source.
- An acquittance signed by the Author is required to publish images. The form is available in ‘Copyright’ menu in Edizioni Ca’ Foscari website, and must be sent to ECF duly signed before the editorial work starts.
- Graphs: graphs shall be uniformed employing ECF’s fonts or else produced following the methods set out by ECF.
Any material not complying with these principles may be refused by the publisher.